Citrus is very healthy for our companion birds! Not only does it contain naturally occurring Vitamin C, but it is also high in many trace minerals. Trace minerals are exceptionally important in the absorption of all other nutrients!
Please understand the classifications of veggies and fruit:
• Botanical: This is a scientific classification that includes mostly cruciferous veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, chard and the like.
• Culinary: These are actually botanically classified fruit, but do not have a sweet taste. These include, but are not limited to zucchini, all squash, pumpkin, bell peppers, okra, peas, corn, chilli peppers, tomatoes and more.
• Tubers: These include potatoes of all kinds.
• Taproots: These include carrots, radishes, turnips, and beets.
• Lettuce: Lettuce is an annual plant of the daisy family, Asteraceae. It is most often grown as a leaf vegetable, but sometimes for its stem and seeds.
We only freeze-dry "in-house."
No additives, preservatives or any other chemicals are used during our freeze-drying process! All items are organic unless otherwise noted. In some cases, such as tropical foods are not certified organic, but are grown without chemicals - those foods are labeled "conventional" strictly due to the fact they are wild-crafted and not grown by a certified organic producer.
How to gauge the freeze dried amount/volume you are purchasing:
- Each item is listed by net weight and by volume.
- Volume gives an idea of measurement in cups. This will vary depending on the size of the chips.
- Net Weight gives a more defined and reliable, actual weight. Since freeze drying removes almost all moisture generally items weigh a minimum of 10 times less than fresh produce containing naturally occurring moisture. (Beware of sellers that do not list actual net weight).